Request For Proposals
POLLARD MILLS TARGET AREA
DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
Project funded by the Department of Housing & Urban Development
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
CITY OF ASHLAND
Department of Community & Economic Development
P.O. Box 1839 Ashland, Kentucky 41105-1839
The City of Ashland, Kentucky, Department of Community and Economic Development is requesting Statements of Qualifications & Proposals from engineering firms to assist the City in the survey, design and construction services in the Pollard Mills area. The project includes infrastructure improvements including the reconstruction and/or installation of storm sewer drains, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, resurfacing of streets, and retaining walls.
In addition to any standard Statements of Qualifications the following information must be submitted:
- A brief history and overview of the firm and its general areas of practice. If a firm has multiple office locations, please identify the office location from which this project will be undertaken. The same as above for any sub-consultants.
- Provide a specific list of at least three similar projects that the firm has in progress or completed. Provide a brief narrative of the project and list the professional fees earned. Provide the client contact name, title, address, phone and fax numbers.
- Provide an Organizational Chart of the proposed project team. Clearly identify the roles and responsibilities of each team member. If sub-consultants are contemplated, please clearly identify any such sub-consultant(s) on the chart and clearly identify what roles and responsibilities the sub-consultant(s) will have during the course of this project. If sub-consultants are to be utilized, please describe any previous working relationship with the sub-consultant. If sub-consultants are to be utilized, please describe how communication between team members will be coordinated to facilitate a seamless, integrated project delivery system.
- Provide resumes of the proposed team members. The proposed Project Manager must have previous experience in managing similar projects.
- Submit a proposed project schedule including the public process, design development, field work and surveying, final design and engineer’s estimate of probable cost; and the ability of the firm to meet the schedule as outlined. Include projected work-load and availability of key personnel to complete the work within the proposed schedule.
- In an Appendix, please provide any other pertinent information you believe will assist the City in assessing the capability of your firm to undertake the project (i.e. letters of recommendation, certifications or awards, etc.).
- Provide a schedule of proposed budgetary design fees for each task including reimbursable expenses. Also provide a rate schedule by title or name. The fee schedule may be in the form of an employee rate time multiplier. Include a schedule of reimbursable expenses and a proposed timeline schedule for services.
The City will establish a selection committee that will review each Statement of Qualification and proposal and intends to make a recommendation to the City Commissioners to approve the selection based upon a scoring method. At the City’s sole discretion, additional information may be requested from any firm. The City expects to enter into contract with the selected firm by August 2018.
All interested persons and firms should contact the Department of Community & Economic Development at (606) 327-2030, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to obtain a Request for Qualifications packet. Packets are also available at www.ashlandky.gov.
Proposals must be received by the Department of Community and Economic Development, City Building, 1700 Greenup Avenue, Room 208, PO Box 1839, Ashland, Kentucky (41105-1839), by 4:00 pm EST, Friday, June 22, 2018, enclosed in an envelope clearly marked, “Response to Request for Proposals for CDBG Pollard Mills Project.”
All work to be undertaken as part of this proposed program must be in accordance with 24 CFR Part 570; 24 CRD, Part 58; and other applicable State and Federal requirements.
Attention is particularly called to the requirements as to conditions of employment to be observed under the contract, including Section 3 Contractors, Segregated Facilities, Section 109, Title VI, and EO 11246. Local contractors as well as minority and/or female-owned firms/persons are encouraged to respond. Kentucky Relay for the hearing and speech impaired: 1-800-424-8802.
As stated previously, the City of Ashland reserves the right to reject any and all responses submitted. If you have any questions regarding this Request for Proposals please contact the Ashland Department of Community & Economic Development at 606-327-2030, Kentucky Relay Service for the hearing and speech impaired: 1-800-424-8802