The following form is required for any events using public space, such as streets or parks, hosted in the City of Ashland: Event Request Form
Some regularly scheduled events in the City of Ashland:
- Easter Egg Hunt – Every Saturday before Easter the City of Ashland organizes an event at Central Park at no cost to the public that includes an Easter egg hunt, pictures with the Easter Bunny and raffle prizes.
- Memorial Day Concert – Held at Central Park Bandstand/Pavilion, at no cost to the public.
- Adult Baseball League – Regular season games begin in May with Sunday games. Ten to Twelve regular game season. Games will be played at Central Park (CP-1).
- National Night Out – The first Tuesday in August, an Ashland Police Department sponsored event, location determined yearly.
- Labor Day Concert – Held at Central Park Bandstand/Pavilion, no cost to the public.
- Summer Motion – Held in July at the Port of Ashland Riverfront and Central Park.
- Poage Landing Days – Third weekend in September, Parks & Recreation Department assistance in construction and maintenance of festival during 3-day event. 5K run around/through Central Park.
- Trick or Treat at Central Park – October, held at Tennis Courts, no cost to public, canned food donations accepted, 6-7:30pm. Festival, games, and candy are provided for the children in a safe, friendly environment.
- Winter Wonderland of Lights – November thru January, City of Ashland Parks & Recreation Departments maintenance sets-up over 60 displays, at Central Park, and downtown totaling over 800,000 lights at no cost to the public.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration – December 31st, entertainment and refreshments are provided. Dropping of the New Years Ball, at Midnight on Judd Plaza. No cost to public
Ashland Park Amenities are available for rental for your event needs; weddings, birthday party, company events, and more...
Ashland City Pool -Dawson Park - Admission is $2.00 for children and $3.00 for adults. Includes: 2 playgrounds, concessions, lifeguards, cashier, basketball courts and an 8ft. water tube/slide. Pool rentals and yearly memberships are available, for more information contact the Parks & Recreation Department at (606) 327-2046.
Concessions - March thru October, at Central Park, AK Steel Sports Park, and Dawson Park.
Activity Room/Roundhouse - Year round scheduling, $25/hour, $100 damage deposit, scheduling includes: Wedding Receptions/Baby Showers/Birthday Parties/Family Reunions/ Bridal Showers and meetings.
Inflatable(s) - The use of inflatable playgrounds in Central Park, $35 fee, additional fee of $15 for use of electrical services.
Log Cabin - Year round scheduling, $50.00/hour, $100 damage deposit. Scheduling includes: Weddings, Receptions, Baby Showers, Birthday parties, Family/Class Reunions, Bridal Showers and meetings.
Pond/Garden/Gazebo - Year round scheduling, $100 damage deposit, no cost to public, for Weddings/Receptions.
Central Park/AK Steel Sports Park - Parks & Recreations Department prepares, lines, maintenance and schedules City fields for the following at no cost: Various Ashland School soccer, baseball, and softball leagues; YMCA soccer, and T-Ball leagues; Softball, Post 76 Legion Baseball, Junior League Baseball ( spring and fall), Adult Baseball League, Adult Softball Leagues and Junior Football Leagues.
Ashland Cemetery - Dining With the Past Historical Walking Tour takes place in October, sponsored by the City of Ashland, Ashland Cemetery and Highlands Museum and Discovery Center.