- Processing applications for zoning changes, subdivision of property, permanent street closings, conditional use permits, and variances.
- Maintaining and updating the comprehensive plan.
- Reviewing building permits for conformance with zoning requirements.
- Interpretation and enforcement of the zoning and subdivision ordinances.
- Issuing building, sign, and electrical permits.
- Inspecting construction projects to ensure conformance with building codes and the zoning ordinance.
- Enforcing property maintenance codes in target neighborhoods.
- Providing leadership development and empowerment training for residents of target neighborhoods.
Repair Affair is annual event sponsored by the City of Ashland. Repair Affair is a program that recruits volunteers to perform repairs on qualifying homeowners that live within the City of Ashland. A homeowner must be either elderly, disabled or low income to qualify for the program. Please visit the Repair page link on the left for more information.
The City of Ashland is an entitlement city and receives Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the federal government on an annual basis. CDBG funds are required to meet the federal department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD monitors the expenditures of all CDBG funds and those expenditures must meet national objectives established by the federal government. For more information please visit the CDBG page link on the left for more information
Use the links on the left side of this page to learn more about each of the department’s functions. Each page includes contact information for the appropriate staff. Should you have a general inquiry about the department or have difficulty contacting another staff member you may contact the director.