PLEASE TURN CELL PHONES OFF
I. CALL TO ORDER
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. RECEIVE AND FILE AGENDA
V. RECEIVE AND FILE MINUTES
(a) Regular Meeting, April 18, 2013
VI. HEARINGS AND REPORTS
(a) Mayor and City Commissioners’ Comments
(b) City Manager’s Report
VII. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
(a) FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ON THE AGENDA. Anyone with a comment or request may come to the podium and address the Commission. Presentations are limited to five (5) minutes. A yellow light indicates 30 seconds remain and a red light means the time limit has expired. Only one speaker is permitted per subject. No action will be taken at this meeting. Those with comments are asked to fill out an “Inquiry/Complaint Form” and leave it with the City Clerk for distribution to the proper City Department.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
(a) Other Old Business.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
(a) Reading and approval of a resolution adopting, authorizing and approving the course of action recommended by the City Manager on items appearing on the Consent Agenda dated May 2, 2013:
1. City Manager recommends approval of the request by Boyd County Addiction Resource Center to conduct a Candlelight Awareness event June 15, 201, 12:00 – 10:00 p.m. at Riverfront Park.
2. City Manager recommends approval of the request by Rotary Club of Ashland to conduct a Social BBQ – invite only at Riverfront Park on May 7, 2013, 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
3. City Manager recommends approval of the request by Susan G. Komen for the Cure Lexington Affiliate in partnership with the Greater Ashland Area to conduct a I Am the Cure Walk 4K Fundraiser Walk on August 17, 2013, 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm at Central Park.
4. City Manager recommends approval of the request by KDMC Sports Medicine and Team Health and Wellness to conduct a Color Splash 5K on July 27, 2013, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
5. City Manager recommends approval of the request by the American Cancer Society to conduct a Relay for Life – Bark for Life Dog Walk on September 7, 2013, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Setup to begin at 8:00 a.m. Information and registration by the Bandstand and the Dog Walk will be on the sidewalk around the park.
7. City Manager recommends authorizing Tony D. Grubb, Finance Director to sign the Federal Funding Agreement between the Tri-State Transit Authority, Ashland Bus System and the Lawrence County Port Authority.
8. City Manager recommends authorizing payment of Invoice No. 123331 dated 4/10/2013 in the amount of $24,752.00 to Neptune Equipment Co., for the purchase of water meters for the Department of Utilities.
10. Other Consent Items.
(a) First reading and approval of an ordinance entitled:
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF ASHLAND, KENTUCKY, AMENDING ORDINANCE NO. 101, SERIES OF 1986, AS PREVIOUSLY AMENDED, BY AMENDING ARTICLE XV DEFINITIONS REGARDING PAVING. (REQUESTED/SPONSORED BY MIKE MILLER, PLANNING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR)
(b) First and second reading and adoption of an ordinance entitled:
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF ASHLAND, KENTUCKY, AUTHORIZING AND DIRECTING CHUCK D. CHARLES, MAYOR, TO SUBMIT THE 2013 ACTION PLAN FOR A COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT TO THE U. S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (HUD), AND UPON ACCEPTANCE OF SAID APPLICATION FROM HUD, TO EXECUTE ON BEHALF OF THE CITY OF ASHLAND, AN AGREEMENT WITH THE U. S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT TO ENABLE THE CITY TO UNDERTAKE THESE ACTIVITIES AND/OR ANY AND ALL DOCUMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE GRANT SUBMITTAL AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY TO EXIST TO ALLOW TWO READINGS OF THIS ORDINANCE ON THE SAME DAY. (REQUESTED BY MIKE MILLER, PLANNING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR)
(c) Other New Business.
XI. ADJOURNMENT OR RECESS
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:21|