Welcome to the Economic Development page for the City of Ashland! While ribbon cutting and ground breaking grab the headlines, we pride ourselves on providing quality service to our existing businesses. While we try to make contact with our business community on a regular basis, please do not hesitate to call for assistance anytime.
Our department carries out three missions:
- Business development, partnering with Ashland Alliance and the KY Cabinet for Economic Development.
- Business services, partnering with ACTC and the SBDC.
- Downtown development, partnering with Visit Ashland, Kentucky.
Our daily activities include:
- Marketing the City of Ashland and its available sites and buildings as attractive locations to develop new businesses and to expand or retain existing businesses.
- Recruit, expand, and retain industrial, commercial, and retail businesses, including the facilitation of available federal, state, and local government financing or incentives.
- Encourage and support entrepreneurial and small business development.
- Research and develop information resources for the community’s population, demographics, economy, trade market, real estate, and other key datasets to support business development efforts.
- Educate the community and its citizens about community and economic development through local media and other modes of communication.