The Online Citizen Police Report system allows you to submit a report to the police immediately and print a draft copy for free. You will be required to create an online account to file your first report. Keep your login and password for future reference. Please note: it is a crime to make a false police report.
If your incident involves a firearm of any kind, call 911 and an officer will be sent to investigate.
Please confirm the following to find out if the Online Citizen Police Report is right for you:
- This is not an emergency
- This incident occurred in the city limits of Ashland, KY
- You do not have any suspect information
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have a valid email address
- The crime did not involve a firearm
Only the following crimes may be reported using the Civilian Online Police Report system:
- Criminal Mischief / Vandalism - Defaced, damaged property (Under $1,000)
- Credit / Debit Card Fraud - (under $500 in a 6 month period)
- Harassing Communication - Unwanted phone calls of an annoying, harassing or threatening nature.
- Theft from auto - Property stolen from motor vehicle. (Under $500)
- Property lost or mislaid - (under $500)
- Theft by unlawful taking - Stolen property without permission - excludes vehicles, firearms, farm equipment, boats, aircraft. (under $500)
- Non-criminal property damage - Unintentional damage caused to property, e.g. a tree falls on your house, a shopping cart damages your car.