Solid Waste administrative offices are located at the 41st Street Garage. Garbage collection is weekly and required of all residents within the City. This service is billed monthly with the water and sewage billing.
Any extra trash must be at the curb for pickup.
Holiday weeks are operated on a day and a half ahead or a day and a half behind the normal schedule, depending on when the holiday falls.
After Schedule i.e. Monday holidays - Garbage will run Tuesday to pick Monday's full day and Tuesday morning's load. Tuesday afternoon and all of Wednesday's loads will be picked up on Wednesday.
Before Schedule i.e. Friday holidays - Garbage will run Wednesday to pick Wednesday's full day and Thursday morning's loads. Thursday afternoon and all of Friday's load will be picked up on Thursday.
Normal hours of operation are 6:30 to 3 PM. Monday through Friday.
Solid Waste can be reached at (606) 385-3173.
Best Buy will recycle e-waste. Click on the below link to view the list of what they will accept:
Voluntary Curbside Recycling Survey:
Please click here for information on this survey.
NOTICE: Recycling Center is now Open!
The City of Ashland Kentucky is committed to protecting our environment and serving the community with our recycling program. The Ashland Recycling Center is located under the 13th Street Bridge.
Effective December 16, 2018, the Ashland Recycling Center is open to the City of Ashland residents and non-residents of the City who purchase an annual, numbered recycling permit for $100.*
City residents gain access to the recycle center by showing a Kentucky Driver's License with an Ashland, KY address OR a city utility bill that includes a "Garbage" charge (along with a photo ID).
Non-residents gain access by showing a numbered recycling permit.
* Recycling permits are available for a fee of $100.00 at the Ashland City Building located at 1700 Greenup Avenue, Ashland, during regular business hours. All permits are issued for one year but must be renewed annually. Permits are available throughout the year at a pro-rated cost. Commercial businesses are NOT eligible for the permit.
6am - 10am
Thursday and Friday
3pm - 7pm
8am - 4pm
Acceptable recycle materials include:
* Plastic - including soda bottles, milk containers, toiletry bottles, or any bottle with the #1 or #2 printed on the bottom. Labels do not need to be removed. Please rinse and flatten.
* Plastic Tubs: Butter, Yogurt, & Fruit Cups
* Paper - including white paper, notebook paper, manila folders, mail/envelopes, computer paper, brown papers (grocery, cardboard), newspapers, and phone books.
* Cans - including aluminum and bi-metal beverage cans, steel food/tin cans, or empty aerosol cans. Please rinse and flatten as able.
* Glass: Bottles and jars of any color.
Any other materials placed in these bins will cause the dumpster to be contaminated and, in turn, must be disposed of as regular trash. This defeats the purpose of recycling and increases the expense to taxpayers. Please be mindful of the materials you place in the recycling dumpsters, for the good of the community.
Curbside Recycling Analysis (September 2018)